Friday, March 25, 2005

Home Alone

I have to admit it is strange to travel alone. When I left Lisa in Greenpoint and went on the train for an Odyssey to the airport, it was a strange deja vu. We did this so many times when we had a transatlantic relationship, but this time the departure was not sad because we knew that we will see each other briefly again. But then again, it was strange to be alone on my way to JFK. And then it became even stranger when I saw a couple crying at the airport. She was from Germany (and as I found out later, he was, too, but living in New York). I wanted to tell them, don't worry, everything will be fine, I did it myself, but then again I decided to leave them alone. And now it feels strange to call Lisa at night (where there is still day in New York) and talk transatlantic again. More because I am not living anymore on this side of the ocean, but on the other, and because I miss her even if I enjoy being with family and friends. Well, I guess it is time to call her, so this post already ends. Good night and happy Purim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home